International Journals having valid ISSN numbers are the authorized sites where scholars can publish research papers. So paper publishing sites are not just like blogging or posting where anyone can live their content, but these are websites run by researchers who review content before submission. So scholars can find such sites and submit articles first for review once articles get reviewed the status of the article for publication is shared via email. This article suggests young scholars filter good journals from thousands of websites.
The search for paper publishing sites is getting complex as search engines are not able to provide quality filters to get good paper publishing sites. Students who are new in the research field always try to locate sites that accept their papers for publication. So in order to improve their confidence, this article provides various suggestions for young or budding researchers. The real goal should not be to publish a journal article or paper. It should be done to do some worthy research. Authors who are trying to publish their first paper always get confused before paper submission, hence mentors should support these students. Hence this article helps authors and mentors both to select better paper publishing sites on the basis of the number of volumes, number of issues, number of days to review, publication cost, type of charges like authors allow in one paper, number of pages allowed, publication either online or print. Here paper publication sites should have the following research features:
- Sites should be International Journal
- Site should have valid ISSN number
- Site should have good impact factor as well
- At-least four volume should be published by the journal
- Journal should have good technical support Team
- Publication cost should be low
- Review Time for paper selection or rejection
- Type of review process follow by journal team
- Publication type Online or Print
- Each issue should have published papers
- Journal should have international authors as well
- Try to communicate by email. Most journal editors prefer email mediums to communicate.
- Should check if the journal provides free or paid digital certificates.
- Should have a regular issue of publication without any gap between the two issues.
Above points help scholars to filter good journals. Sites having ISSN numbers are authorized to publish research papers. Two modes of publication of ISSN numbers are there one is for electronic / online version other is for print. So paper publishing sites should have atleast an E-ISSN number. Scholars who are looking for better papers than journals should have indexed in 4 or 5 other sites as well. The scholar should always submit papers in word or pdf format to the journal. Journal should have a high impact factor as well. Researchers can easily verify any journal by searching on the ISSN portal using the ISSN number; this portal shows complete details of the publisher or organizing body. A good international journal has a supporting team that helps first authors or corresponding authors doubt quickly. Finally, I suggest authors review your final copy paper and submit papers in journals that verify the above few points. Consult with your mentor or guide about the publication and submit with his/her permission.